Eyebrow trends are always changing according to the times. From thick and bushy to thin and shaped, it has seen a new trend every few years. But the most hottest trend, since its introduction in 2015, is that of eyebrow microblading. Every way you look, you can see people either rushing to get their eyebrows tattooed by this method, or getting touch ups or retouches. Also called as ‘feather touch’ or ‘micro stroking’, this procedure involves the semi-permanent tattooing of the eyebrows to further enhance their shape and thickness. A microblading technician uses a thin and sharp micro-needle tool to cut thin lines into the outer layer of the skin and then fill in hair-like strands on the eyebrow, using a colored pigment.
It is a semi-permanent cosmetic procedure that lasts anywhere from 12 to 18 months, hence why it is so appealing to the users. While it can be done very easily by a trained professional, this procedure needs to be done carefully and safely to maximize its durability as well as to minimize any harm to the skin. Just like any other tattoo, microblading might cause some redness and irritation on the skin that takes time to heal. So if you are considering to get those eyebrows done, then its best to know some of these basic safety tips and microblading aftercare methods.
- Make sure to use a sterile cotton swab dipped in pure water to clean the area some two hours after the procedure is completed. This will help to get rid of any excess dye.
- Try to keep the area as dry as possible for the next 10 days for maximum effect. This includes covering the area during showers, swimming, saunas as well other sweaty activities.
- Do not apply any makeup, for a few days atleast, in the general area of the eyebrows since the skin their is likely to be very sensitive after being cut. Makeup particles might irritate it further.
- Avoid touching, itching or picking at the area too much, this might irritate the skin as well.
- A healing cream or a balm must be applied to further the healing process.
These are some of the basic do’s and dont’s after getting a microblading session done. Be sure to follow the same steps for all the following touch ups and also after getting it retouched.